Johanna Adebäck receive the residency for 2014 from AIR Sörmland
The Jury Awards Johanna Adebäck for her work concerning the identity of the region, tourism and the brand Sörmland.
AIR Sörmland is a grant for Swedish, Nordic and Baltic contemporary artists interested in a residency period within the context of Sörmland. The grant is a collaboration between Art Lab Gnesta, Eskilstuna Art Museum, Katrineholms konsthall, Sörmlands Museum and the regional visual arts coordinator in Sörmland.
We want to promote professional artistic work and vitalize the role of contemporary art in Sörmland.
The grant is awarded one artist each year and contains of
- a 4 week stay at Art Lab Gnesta including a studio space and (family-friendly) housing fall/winter 2014
- a scholarship of 15 000 SEK
- the opportunity for presentation at any of the organizers may occur either 2015 or 2016
- some travel expenses
- in connection with the stay the artist will have one or two paid lectures on his/her art. 5 500 SEK each time
- two days paid meetings with art gallery- and cultural managers and exhibition organizers etc. 16 h x 700 SEK
Jury: Representatives from Art Lab Gnesta, Eskilstuna konstmuseum, Katrineholms konsthall, Sörmlands Museum, Ebelingmuseet and the regional visual arts coordinator in Sörmland.